Power-Packed Pumpkin Muffins
Makes about 18 muffins
- 1 1/3 C whole wheat flour (or buckwheat to be gluten free)
- 1 C brown rice flour
- 1C quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 t. sea salt
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 C ground flax seed or chia seed
- 2/3 C coconut oil
- 1 lb. can organic pumpkin
- 2 C coconut palm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C water
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients and add to dry mixture until well-blended.
- Add 1/2 C finely chopped walnuts and dried cranberries or cherries as desired.
- Bake at 350°F for about 18- 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.