Gluten/Grain Free Carrot Cake
- 1/4 C. grape seed oil, plus more for pan
- 3 C. blanched almond flour, plus more for pan
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 C honey or maple syrup
- 5 large eggs
- 3 C. grated carrots
- 1 C. raisins
- 1 C. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9”-diameter spring form pan with grape seed oil; dust well with almond flour.
- In large bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together grapeseed oil, agave nectar and eggs, then pour into almond flour mixture. Whisk together until thoroughly combined. Fold in carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for at least 1 hour. Serve as is, or with whipped cream.